Ex-NBA star Glen “Big Baby” Davis has been officially named a suspect in an assault with a deadly weapon case that left a man seriously injured … TMZ Sports has learned. We’re told cops believe Davis got into a physical altercation with a…
Flame-throwing ex-MLB pitcher Matt Mantei was arrested and thrown in jail for assault and battery Tuesday night in Michigan … TMZ Sports has learned. Mantei — a closer with a 100 MPH heater — played 10 seasons in the big leagues…
Trey Songz looked like a guy who had a load taken off his shoulders during Tory Lanez’s club gig in Miami, and truth be told he has. Songz hit STORY Nightclub where Lanez was performing Thursday night, less than a week after his felony…
Porn star Nikki Benz is suing porn studio Brazzers for a sexual assault she claims to have suffered at the hands of a director. Benz first went public with the allegation in 2016, claiming Tony T. had choked her and stomped her head while shooting a…
Conor McGregor is in a NYC court … on 3 misdemeanor assault and felony criminal mischief charges … stemming from a violent bus attack at Barclays Center on Thursday. McGregor turned himself in late Thursday night to NYPD in Brooklyn … and…
UFC fighter Conor McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault after a harrowing incident in which he was seen allegedly throwing a dolly at a bus window, raining shards of glass upon several MMA rivals.
Though he’s been known to do and say several dumb things in the past, this is a bit worse than announcing that he’s “black from the waist down.”
This event may end his career, and it all started with a bad blood confrontation between two other fighters.
This story is wild from start to finish. Here is the incident that set things in motion:
On Tuesday, April 3, Khabib Nurmagomedov had a relatively minor confrontation with Artem Lobov, in which Khabib cornered Artem.
Reportedly, Khabib grabbed Artem by the neck and struck him multiple times in the face.
Conor McGregor wasn’t there, but you might say that he was involved. He and Artem are close.
Furthermore, Conor and Khabib engage in frequent “trash talk” and seem to have a genuine rivalry for each other that extends beyond their sport.
It’s probably safe to say that no one expected this hostile run-in to blow up as it did, days later.
During a promotion for UFC 223 on Thursday, April 5, Conor McGregor showed up at Barclays Center when no one expected him to.
His intent appears to have been to confront Khabib over what went down with Artem earlier in the week.
Khabib was on a bus at the time, and was reportedly accompanied by his management team as well as “red corner” UFC 223 fighters like Rose Namajunas, Al Iaquinta, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Ray Borg, and Michael Chiesa.
But it seems that Conor did not see the slow-moving bus or the teammates as a real obstacle.
TMZ spotted Conor as he ran alongside the bus … and then grabs a dolly that was being used to transport equipment and throws the dolly at the bus window.
The result was a shattered bus window and, reportedly, injuries.
Dana White tells TMZ that Michael Chiesa was on the bus and was “cut to pieces” by the shards of shattered glass from the bus window.
Chiesa has been hospitalized. On Thursday evening, Chiesa wrote on Twitter that he has been been the MMA version of benched because of his injuries.
“A decision was made by the New York State Athletic Commission to pull me from UFC 223. I’m devastated to say the least. @Showtimepettis I hope to run this match up ASAP, June 9th in your backyard. That’s all I have to say for now. Much love.”
As one might imagine, Conor McGregor is expected to get into a lot of trouble for this.
In fact, Dana White tells TMZ that: “This is bigger than us firing him.”
Since then, Khabib Nurmagomedov has mocked Conor’s behavior while speaking to MMA Fighting, saying:
“I am laughing inside. You broke window? Why? Come inside.”
One imagines that they can hear his accent as he taunts Conor.
“You know UFC don’t let you come inside. If you real gangster why don’t you come inside?”
His statement continues with what many would construe as a thinly veiled threat of physical harm.
“This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. We have to talk? I am gonna come, no problem.”
It is worth noting that this is not the first time that Conor McGregor has gotten into trouble in recent memory.
For one thing, he’s earned scorn for hurling homophobic slurs at opponents. Yes, he should know better.
In November of 2017, he jumped into the cage at Bellator 187 to celebrate his teammate’s perceived win. The referee had not made a ruling yet, and attempted to remove Conor.
Conor responded by shoving the referee multiple times and then reportedly slapped the commissioner when confronted.
Some worry that the aggression and total lack of impulse control displayed by Conor is the result of chronic head trauma doing damage to his brain, a phenomena discussed in recent years with respect to football.
Others think that perhaps it is simply the disposition that would lead someone to a career in which they punch other men for a living.
Either way, it sounds like Conor McGregor’s career may be at its end.
The man suing Jamie Luner for sexual assault is on a list in California exposing people who abuse the litigation system … TMZ has learned. Anthony Oliver — who claims the “Melrose Place” star drugged and raped him in 1998 when he was 16…
Last year, actress Kristina Cohen shared her #MeToo story, and accused Ed Westwick of rape.
Then another woman came forward. And then another. And then another. Each story about Westwick was horrifying.
The fourth woman to accuse him, Haley Freedman, has taken the next step and filed a police report.
Haley Freedman was the fourth to come forward about Ed Westwick.
Us Weekly reports that they can confirm that Freedman has now filed a report with police.
A statement that they received from a representative for Freedman states:
“I can confirm Haley filed a police report on Wednesday, regarding allegations that Ed Westwick raped her.”
The statement goes on to describe the next step in her quest for justice.
“She will be meeting with the district attorney next week.”
Kristina Cohen accused Ed Westwick of rape.
In addition to reporting it to police, Cohen bravely came forward with her story of napping in his guest room during a social visit … only to wake up with him on top of her.
Aurelee Wynn is a former actress. She was a friend of a girl who was dating Westwick’s roommate at the time, and she was invited over.
Though she included fewer graphic details than Cohen did, Wynn’s accusation against Ed Westwick involved him allegedly holding her down and tearing the one-piece that she was wearing in order to assault her.
And then there’s the story of former executive assistant Rachel Eck, who accused the Gossip Girl actor of assaulting her before the 2014 Academy Awards.
She says that he was pawing at her and trying to kiss her whenever her ex boyfriend left the room at a social gathering, and that he ignored her efforts to brush him off.
Eck says that he later lured her away in an effort to apologize to her, which is when he allegedly forced her onto the bed and violently groped her.
Fortunately, Eck says that she was eventually able to shove him off and leave.
Haley Freedman is a former stylist who accuses Westwick of making her his sex slave by refusing to allow her to leave.
She says that what began as consensual sex escalated when he asked her to treat him violently, because she refused.
When she declined to choke and spit on him, he allegedly became violent with her, giving her that treatment.
Though she says that she wanted to escape, she says that he detained her, delaying her departure so that he could continue to use her for sex.
It’s a horrifying, stomach-churching accusation.
And, again, this is the fourth woman to accuse Westwick of the unforgivable.
However, a source close to Freedman revealed to Us Weekly that, in her quest for justice, she went to the police “prepared with evidence including personal medication information from her doctors to back up her claims against Ed Westwick.”
We can only speculate as to what form that evidence might take, but sexual assault cases often lack physical evidence — which is why so many rapists avoid convictions or even prosecutions.
For those who hope to see Westwick answer for these allegations, this is good news.
“The police report will remain confidential since there is private medical information that Haley handed over.”
The source continues, saying:
“Haley plans on meeting with prosecutors next week and is fully cooperating with authorities.”
Ed Westwick has posted now-deleted denials about these alleged incidents of rape and sexual assault, saying things like:
“I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”
He has since deleted this message from social media.
The reason for that deletion is almost certainly on advice from his attorney, Blair Berk.
(This isn’t a traffic violation, folks, so let’s not make any Chuck and Blair jokes, please)
Attorneys rarely want their clients making any statements on social media.
NFL QB Trevone Boykin is in custody after being arrested Wednesday for allegedly punching his girlfriend and cracking her jaw … TMZ Sports has learned. Boykin was being investigated by cops in Mansfield, Texas after he was allegedly involved in an…
Ron Jeremy’s in the clear for a sexual assault case in Washington State … TMZ has learned. A rep with the Tacoma City Attorney’s Office tells TMZ … Ron won’t face any criminal charges after a woman accused him of sexual assault in September…