Tag Archives: Case

Ex-‘L&HH’ Star Benzino Pleads Guilty In Felony Drug Case

EXCLUSIVE

Former “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” star Benzino has copped a plea deal in his felony drug case out of Georgia, and avoided jail time as a result … TMZ has learned.

A rep for the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office tells TMZ … Raymond Scott (Benzino’s real name) pled guilty to all 3 charges he was facing Thursday morning. We’re told he was sentenced to 2 years probation and fined $ 500 … plus surcharges. 

We broke the story … the music producer was arrested in January 2017 after cops raided his ATL apartment and found drugs inside. He was charged with felony possession of THC oil gummies (22 grams), felony possession of 6 MDMA pills, and misdemeanor possession of less than an ounce of weed. 

We talked to Benzino about the case last month, and he told us the search warrant cops used to get into his pad was illegal … even though a judge signed off on it. He was adamant that racist police officers were behind the trumped-up charges, and at the time … told us he was gonna fight it in court.

If he’d been convicted on all charges during his trial, he would’ve faced up to 15 years in prison. Looks like he had a change of heart.

NY Giants QB Kyle Lauletta Pleads Guilty In Dangerous Driving Case

Breaking News

NY Giants backup QB Kyle Lauletta just pled guilty to obstruction of justice stemming from his wild October arrest where he allegedly almost ran over a cop. 

Remember, officials in Weehawken, New Jersey say the 23-year-old was driving his 2017 Jaguar in a “dangerous manner” on the way to Giants practice when cops attempted to pull him over. 

When an officer tried to stop him, the QB continued to drive like a maniac and almost hit the cop. 

He was initially booked on several charges — including 3rd degree eluding police, obstruction of justice, reckless driving and other lesser crimes. 

But now, officials say Lauletta cut a deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to a disorderly persons offense of obstructing the administration of law at a motor vehicle stop … and in exchange, the more serious charges will be dropped as part of a conditional dismissal. 

In other words, if Lauletta stays out of trouble for 12 months, all of his legal problems go away. 

If he screws up, the judge can reinstate all of the initial charges — in which case he could face up to 6 months in jail.  

In addition, Lauletta pled guilty to a few minor traffic violations. 

As for the Giants, the team previously hit Lauletta with a fine.

Moral of the Story … don’t be late to practice. 

FSU’s Khalan Laborn Cuts Deal In Weed Case … Avoids Jail Time

EXCLUSIVE

FSU running back Khalan Laborn — the No. 1 RB recruit out of H.S. — just cut a deal in his weed possession case that will keep him out of jail … TMZ Sports has learned.

The former 5-star recruit was arrested at 1:30 AM on Nov. 19 in Leon County, Florida, after he was pulled over for driving on an expired vehicle registration with no headlights on.

When cops spoke with the 19-year-old running back … they say he reeked of weed — and after they searched his FSU backpack — they found a glass jar containing the sticky icky.

Laborn was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 20 grams … which, if convicted — carries a 1-year jail sentence AND a $ 1,000 fine.

FOR WEED! (Now legal for recreational use in 10 states and D.C. for people over the age of 21). 

But, Khalan copped a plea deal with the state attorney in court Thursday … and is now off the hook once he completes a diversion program.

We’re told Laborn has 90 days to pay a $ 100 fine and complete either 15 hours of community service or 1 day of Leon County work.

Khalan is one of the highest-rated recruits to ever enroll at FSU … and flashed promise until a knee injury knocked him out for the 2018 season.

He’s expected to be a huge part of the Noles’ offense in 2019.

Ex-NFL Stud Barry Cofield Pleads Not Guilty In Heroin & Cop-Ramming Case

EXCLUSIVE

Ex-NY Giants DL Barry Cofield — a key member of the ’07 Super Bowl team — has pled not guilty to all charges stemming from an insane police chase where he allegedly smashed into a cop car. 

… oh, while allegedly carrying heroin in his pocket. 

Cops in Seminole County, Florida say they found the 34-year-old passed out behind the wheel of a Cadillac Escalade around 2:40 AM on July 3 … and when they tried to wake him up, he punched the gas and led cops on a wild chase. 

Cops say the 6’4″, 250 pounder drove into a white 4-door vehicle — but didn’t stop — and eventually led officers into a gated community … where he continued to drive like a maniac. 

Eventually, cops say they used a squad car to block Cofield in — but he tried to ram through the vehicle. That’s when cops got out of their cars and tried to smash in Cofield’s window in an effort to drag him out of the driver’s seat. 

Cofield ultimately surrendered — and cops say during the arrest they found two small baggies of heroin in his pocket. 

Cops also say Cofield reeked of alcohol. 

He was initially booked on 5 charges —  heroin possession, assaulting an officer, DUI, resisting arrest and fleeing from police. 

But, the charges were later reduced to just heroin possession and DUI causing damage or injury. 

Cofield’s attorney appeared in court on Wednesday and entered a not guilty plea on the ex-NFL player’s behalf. 

If convicted, he faces up to 5 years in prison. 

Cofield played 10 years in the NFL after being drafted by the Giants in 2006. 

Cristiano Ronaldo Submitting DNA In Vegas Rape Case … Cooperating with Cops

EXCLUSIVE

Cristiano Ronaldo has been asked to submit a DNA sample as part of the police investigation into his Las Vegas rape case … and we’re told he plans on cooperating 100%. 

As we previously reported, the Las Vegas Metro PD has reopened the investigation into claims made by Kathryn Mayorga … that CR7 sexually assaulted her in his hotel room back in 2009. 

Mayorga went to cops back in ’09 but didn’t identify Ronaldo by name out of fear of retaliation. 

Just a few months ago, Mayorga filed a new lawsuit against the soccer star saying Ronaldo and his team of “fixers” coerced her into signing a settlement at the time — and paid her $ 375k in exchange for her silence. 

When that lawsuit went public, cops said they would reopen the case now that they had the name of the alleged assailant and, as part of the renewed investigation, they went to Ronaldo within the last week and asked for a DNA sample as part of standard sexual assault investigation protocol. 

Our Ronaldo sources tell us the 33-year-old continues to deny all wrongdoing and plans on cooperating with investigators to prove his innocence. 

R. Kelly STD Criminal Case Closed in Dallas … Alleged Victim to Refile in NYC

EXCLUSIVE

12:16 PM PT — We’ve learned the alleged victim says the incident occurred in New York City and she will personally fly from Texas to Manhattan “in the near future” to file a fresh police report.

The alleged victim’s lawyer, Lydia Agu, tells us before she began representing her, the alleged victim was advised to file a police report in the state where she lived. Although Dallas PD tells us they closed the case because there was “no criminal element,” Agu says this is purely a jurisdictional issue because the alleged crime took place in NYC. 

Agu says her client will fly to NYC and file with the NYPD’s Special Victims Unit. Agu filed a civil lawsuit on behalf of her client — against R. Kelly — in May. R. Kelly will not be charged for allegedly giving a woman an STD after cops in Dallas closed their investigation … TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us … Dallas PD looked into allegations the singer gave an anonymous young woman an STD after allegedly holding her captive as a sex slave in 2017. We’re told no charges will be brought against Kelly in connection to the case .. although, it’s unclear why they reached that conclusion. 

As we reported, the woman filed a police report in 2018 claiming she’d met Kelly in Dallas the year before. She claimed he restrained her, plied her with alcohol and drugs … and gave her an unspecified STD.

Her attorney, Lee Merritt, had said the woman planned to file a civil suit against Kelly as well. 

Kelly, meanwhile, is currently being investigated by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in GA — and the State Attorney in Chicago has made a plea for any witnesses or victims to come forward.

We’ve reached out to Merritt for comment … so far, no word back. 

Originally Published — 10:49 AM PST

NY Jets Chris Herndon Pleads Guilty In DUI Crash Case … License Revoked

EXCLUSIVE

NY Jets tight end Chris Herndon — a breakout star in 2018 — pled guilty in his DUI case stemming from a June 2018 crash, TMZ Sports has learned. 

As we previously reported, the 22-year-old smashed into another car on the 1-80 highway in New Jersey on June 2 after witnesses say he was speeding at more than 100 mph. 

The police footage, obtained by TMZ Sports, shows Herndon’s 2018 Nissan Armada flipped on its side and badly damaged. Miraculously, both Herndon and the other driver — a 76-year-old man — escaped without any major injuries.

Herndon bombed a field sobriety test and was arrested for DUI. He claimed he only had 2 cups of wine before getting behind the wheel that night. 

Now, we’ve learned Herndon’s case went before a judge on Wednesday. 

Court records show Herndon entered a guilty plea — though it’s unclear if he copped to a lesser charge. We’ve reached out to court officials but so far, no one seems to have the answer. 

What we do know … Herndon was sentenced to complete 12 hours of an intoxicated driver education program. Plus, his driver’s license was revoked for 90 days. He was also hit with $ 639 in fines and fees. 

The former Miami Hurricanes star had a pretty solid rookie season with the Jets — catching 39 passes for more than 500 yards and 4 TDs. 

The NFL will also likely punish Herndon. Other players and NFL execs have faced suspensions for DUIs in the past. 

Rapper Z-Ro Assault Case Dismissed … After Domestic Violence Course

EXCLUSIVE

Rapper Z-Ro is out of the woods, criminally, for allegedly assaulting ex-girlfriend, Just Brittany … because he held up his end of a deal to avoid prosecution … TMZ has learned.

According to court docs, prosecutors in Texas moved to dismiss a misdemeanor assault charge against Z-Ro. He’d been booked and charged for beating Brittany during what she said was an hours-long ordeal.

In docs, prosecutors say there was probable cause to move forward with the case, but they decided to drop it after Z-Ro completed a batter’s intervention program. A judge signed off on the dismissal Tuesday.

As we reported … prosecutors charged Z-Ro with assault on a family member, a Class A misdemeanor — this after a grand jury declined to indict him on felony assault charges. 

Z-Ro’s attorney, Charles Adams, tells us he encouraged Z-Ro to take the deal, even though his client maintains his innocence.

Kevin Spacey Present, Your Honor … In Court for Sexual Assault Case

Breaking News

Kevin Spacey‘s facing the judge in his sexual assault case — despite trying to duck the court appearance — and we’re live streaming inside the Massachusetts courthouse.

The disgraced actor’s arriving Monday morning and he’s already said he’ll plead not guilty to the sexual assault charge for a 2016 Nantucket bar encounter with a then 18-year-old. As we reported … Spacey allegedly groped the man’s genitals.

His legal team requested he be allowed to skip the hearing, arguing it would “amplify the negative publicity already generated in connection with the case.” The judge shot him down, though, and ordered Spacey to get his ass to court to enter his plea in person.

The proceeding’s expected to begin around 8 AM PT. 

As for the charge … Spacey’s lawyers tried sinking it last month with a strange train of logic, claiming that no sexual assault victim would allow themselves to be groped for 3 minutes

Meanwhile, Spacey seemingly addressed all the allegations against him in a bizarre video in which he was in character as Frank Underwood from “House of Cards.”

‘Ink Master’ Star Chris Blinston Off the Hook … in Battery Case

EXCLUSIVE

Ink Master” star Chris Blinston has twice been accused of a serious crime … and twice now has come away unscathed from those accusations.

TMZ’s learned the battery case against Blinston has been dismissed because of insufficient evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt … this according to the State Attorney for Palm Beach County, Florida.

We broke the story … Blinston’s girlfriend accused him last month of ending an argument by picking up a safe and pressing it against her chest to move her outta his way. She called cops and they arrested him for battery. He denied touching her and now prosecutors have declined to file charges.

You’ll recall Blinston’s teenage daughter accused him of choking her. He said she framed him and prosecutors eventually dropped those charges too.