It’s a miracle Demaryius Thomaswasn’t killed in his car crash Saturday morning — with a key witness telling TMZ Sports he watched DT’s car flip 3 times … and was SHOCKED when he saw the NFL star get out of the vehicle mostly unharmed.
We spoke with Michael Tafoya who happened to be driving in the Denver area around 12:20 AM when he saw the vehicle lose control, hit a curb and launch 20 feet into the air. The car then rolled 3 times before finally landing in a grassy median.
Tafoya — who’s a registered nurse — says he ran over to the crash scene to help out and tried to get the door open to help the passengers, but it was stuck.
Cops arrived to the scene a short time later and took over — managing to free Thomas and both of his passengers. Tafoya says officials used the Jaws of Life to help free Thomas from the car.
The ex-Broncos star and the 2 passengers are expected to be fine, according to officials — but Tafoya tells us Thomas had a “hellacious knot” on his head.
Michael tells us the whole thing looked like a scene out of an action movie … adding, “I thought those people were dead.”
Thomas played for the Broncos for nine seasons before being traded mid-way through this past year to the Texans. He’s now a free agent after Houston released him last week.
Cops say the cause of the crash is under investigation.
A local Brit tried his darndest to hawk debris left behind from Prince Philip‘s car crash last week — and got pretty close to the finish line before eBay pulled the plug.
An eBay user known as morbius777 put the listing up sometime over the weekend and advertised it as “Prince Philip Car Crash Parts.” The items for auction included three plastic parts from the car wreck, and what looks like a bunch of broken glass that the user apparently picked up off the side of the road, where Philip crashed on Thursday.
morbius777 also claimed that some of the debris “may even have Phil’s DNA on it, if you wanted to clone him or something.” Prior to eBay yanking the listing on Tuesday, bids had gone as high as £65,900 … which is a little more than $ 85,000 with 5 days left.
The user claimed in his post description that the proceeds would’ve gone to cancer research efforts in the U.K., but eBay wasn’t having it. They pulled the post, citing a policy of theirs that’d been violated.
An eBay spokesperson reportedly said, “This listing has been removed in line with our policy relating to the sale of any item that seeks to profit from human suffering or tragedy.”
As we reported … police are investigating the crash and will take any “appropriate action” by the time they’re finished. One of the people who was injured in the other car claims police have been ignoring her and that her injuries were seriously downplayed.
Cops refute her assertion that some sort of cover-up is happening, saying they’ve treated this like any other car crash investigation and will take her statement Tuesday.
The woman who was hurt in a crash involving Prince Philip says she was told to shut her yap and also claims the gravity of her injuries have been seriously downplayed by what she suggests is a cover-up effort by police on behalf of the Royals.
In an interview with the Mirror, Emma Fairweather says she was told by authorities not to speak to anyone following the accident and to expect a call from the Palace … presumably from Philip or the Queen herself to offer an apology, well-wishes or … something.
She claims that personal call never came, and instead … a police family liaison officer phoned, passing on some vague message from the Royals.
Emma also claims the family liaison officer would call to check in on her in the aftermath of the accident … adding that shortly after speaking with the officer, a report came out detailing her status, which she says mischaracterized her well-being just ’cause she’d been discharged.
Emma — who was a passenger in the vehicle that Philip hit — suffered a broken wrist in the accident on Thursday, and says at one point she was circling the possibility of surgery.
None of that was reflected in the reports that came out though, which she doesn’t seem too pleased with. Adding insult to injury … Philip was back behind the wheel over the weekend, without a seat belt, no less.
Police say they issued a warning to Philip after photos of him driving without a seat belt went around the web.
Queen Elizabeth‘s husband, Prince Philip, is STILL hell-bent on driving himself because he already has a brand new SUV … less than 24 hours after flipping his last Land Rover.
The Duke of Edinburgh got his new ride delivered Friday to the Royal family’s Sandringham Estate. Looks like he got the same model — a Land Rover Freelander — as the one he wrecked a day earlier, not far from Sandringham.
The other car had a 9-month-old inside, but fortunately the baby was unharmed. The driver and her passenger suffered some cuts and a broken wrist.
The shocker, of course, is that 97-YEAR-OLD Philip somehow walked away uninjured.
With the new delivery, it seems like Prince William‘s and Prince Harry‘s granddad isn’t ready to give up his keys just yet. However, one of Philip’s friends told People the Prince would stop driving, reluctantly, if he’s advised to do so.
Queen Elizabeth‘s husband,Prince Philip, just dodged a huge bullet, because he survived a car crash in England … and the 97-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was behind the wheel!
Buckingham Palace tells TMZ … the Duke of Edinburgh was seen by a doctor as a precaution and the doc confirmed Philip was not injured.
The two-vehicle collision happened Thursday afternoon near the Sandringham Estate, the private home of Queen Elizabeth. Police reportedly responded to the scene just after 3 PM and assisted two people with minor injuries, but miraculously Philip was unharmed.
As you can see, the crash left an SUV on its side … and that’s the one Philip was driving!
Philip, granddad to Prince William and Prince Harry,married Elizabeth in 1947, five years before she became Queen. Philip was dubbed Prince of the U.K. back in 1957.
At 97, Philip is the oldest ever male British Royal. After surviving Thursday’s car crash, seems Philip still has his good luck.
NY Jets tight end Chris Herndon — a breakout star in 2018 — pled guilty in his DUI case stemming from a June 2018 crash, TMZ Sports has learned.
As we previously reported, the 22-year-old smashed into another car on the 1-80 highway in New Jersey on June 2 after witnesses say he was speeding at more than 100 mph.
The police footage, obtained by TMZ Sports, shows Herndon’s 2018 Nissan Armada flipped on its side and badly damaged. Miraculously, both Herndon and the other driver — a 76-year-old man — escaped without any major injuries.
Herndon bombed a field sobriety test and was arrested for DUI. He claimed he only had 2 cups of wine before getting behind the wheel that night.
Now, we’ve learned Herndon’s case went before a judge on Wednesday.
Court records show Herndon entered a guilty plea — though it’s unclear if he copped to a lesser charge. We’ve reached out to court officials but so far, no one seems to have the answer.
What we do know … Herndon was sentenced to complete 12 hours of an intoxicated driver education program. Plus, his driver’s license was revoked for 90 days. He was also hit with $ 639 in fines and fees.
The former Miami Hurricanes star had a pretty solid rookie season with the Jets — catching 39 passes for more than 500 yards and 4 TDs.
Victor Espinoza‘s been taking steps to return to doing what he loves after nearly dying in a training accident, and he just took another huge step … up onto a horse!!!
The famed jockey reportedly got back on a horse for the very first time Saturday at Santa Anita since his near-death injury in July. Victor hops aboard the horse, St. Joe Bay, and goes for a little ride.
Victor Espinoza getting a leg up for the first time since his injury working out Bobby Abu Dhabi over the summer at Del Mar. pic.twitter.com/NEI1FqAniU
We broke the story … the Hall of Famer was severely injured after a horse he was riding went into cardiac arrest on the track last summer in Del Mar, California. Victor nearly lost his life in the fall when a bone chipped off his neck and just missed cutting an artery.
Rich the Kid suffered a nasty injury on his hand after getting into a UTV accident … TMZ has learned.
Eyewitnesses on the scene tell us … Rich and a friend were riding around in a Polaris RZR 4-wheeler Sunday in Calabasas, CA, and that he eventually turned into a dirt lot behind Calabasas Luxury Motorcars, where we’re told he started doing donuts.
Our sources say Rich lost control of the vehicle, causing it to flip over on its roof … at which point paramedics were called. We’re told firefighters were first to arrive, followed by an ambulance and CHP. Rich was tended to on the scene and transported to a hospital.
While the official extent of his injuries are unknown at this point, an eyewitness who was present at the time of the crash tells us an EMT who was working on Rich made it seem bad.
We’re told the EMT mentioned Rich would probably have a hard time using his hand for the rest of his life, and that he hoped he wasn’t a guitar player … as he wouldn’t be able to play anymore.
Rich just posted a video of himself in the hospital, and appeared to say his hand was broken. We got a call in with his camp for an official status update on his health.