House」タグアーカイブ

Kevin Spacey Accused of Harassment By 8 House of Cards Employees

Earlier this week, fans were shocked by allegations that Kevin Spacey had sexually assaulted a fellow actor at a 1986 cast party.

After the accusation went public, Spacey attempted to deflect attention by coming out as gay, and man who have worked with the actor hinted that his harassment of Anthony Rapp was not an isolated incident.

Today, we’re learning more about Spacey’s scandalous past thanks charges levelled by 8 current or former employees of the Netflix series House of Cards.

For five seasons, Spacey has drawn rave reviews for his performance as conniving politician Frank Underwood on the show.

In response to the allegations against him Netflix not only canceled House of Cards, but called for an immediate halt to production on the show’s sixth season, which was filming at the time.

Now, several crew members who worked with Spacey on the series have issued stunning allegations about the 58-year-old’s behavior on set.

“I have no doubt that this type of predatory behavior was routine for him and that my experience was one of many and that Kevin had few if any qualms about exploiting his status and position,” said one staffer, who alleged that he’d been assaulted by Spacey.

“It was a toxic environment for young men who had to interact with him at all in the crew, cast, background actors.”

The former production assistant alleged that he was groped by Spacey while driving the actor to set.

“I was in a state of shock,” he told CNN.

“He was a man in a very powerful position on the show and I was someone very low on the totem pole and on the food chain there.”

In response to the latest allegations, Netflix issued a statement assuring users that execs had done everything in their power to assure that no further abuse takes place on the House of Cards set.

“Netflix was just made aware of one incident, five years ago, that we were informed was resolved swiftly,” said a rep for the streaming service.

“On Tuesday, in collaboration with MRC, we suspended production, knowing that Kevin Spacey wasn’t scheduled to work until Wednesday. Netflix is not aware of any other incidents involving Kevin Spacey on-set,” the statement continued.

On Thursday, Spacey checked into a treatment center to undergo therapy.

He has not responded publicly to this latest round of allegations.

We’ll have further updates on this developing story as more information becomes available.

ReadMore…

Kevin Spacey: House of Cards Canceled After Sexual Assault Allegations?

This Kevin Spacey scandal has been a tough one, hasn’t it?

It’s not easy to hear that such a talented, beloved public figure has been accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy.

Though obviously it would be much, much harder to be that 14-year-old boy, and then to be that boy who, decades later, was brave enough to come forward with his story.

And that’s just one of the many reasons why Anthony Rapp is an incredible human being.

In an interview published Sunday night, Anthony told his story about Kevin Spacey, about how they met while they were both doing their own shows on Broadway.

Anthony was doing a show called Precious Sons while Kevin was doing a revival of Long Day’s Journey into Night.

Again, he was only 14 during this time, but he says that his mother allowed him to attend parties and get-togethers with his fellow actors, and that’s how he first met Kevin, who was 26 then.

Eventually Kevin invited Anthony to a party at his apartment, but when Anthony arrived, he realized that not only did he not really know anyone there, he was also the only kid in attendance.

So he just went into the bedroom to watch TV by himself.

After a while, Kevin came into the bedroom – Anthony said that he appeared to be drunk, and he realized then that everyone else had left the party.

“He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold,” he recalled.

“But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me.”

Anthony says that Kevin was “trying to seduce” him, but “I don’t know if I would have used that language.”

“But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”

After a little while, he said he was able to “squirm” away, then ran to the bathroom. When he came out, he told Kevin he was leaving.

He asked him if he was sure he wanted to leave, and he was, so he did.

Today, Anthony says that he feels “very fortunate that something worse didn’t happen,” but he still “can’t believe” what actually did happen.

Just a few hours after the interview was published, Kevin shared an apology on Twitter – well, an apology of sorts, anyway.

Like, there’s definitely a reason his statement is getting all sorts of backlash.

He kicked things off by stating that he was “a lot of respect and admiration for Anthony Rapp as an actor,” and that he’s “beyond horrified to hear his story.”

“I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago,” he continued.

“But if I did behave as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.”

Then, just for fun, he came out, saying that “I choose now to live as a gay man.”

His decision to combine those two statements, the apology and the coming out is … well, it’s not great.

Some people are accusing him of trying to shift the focus of the story from the alleged assault, and some are accusing him of trying to justify his advances towards, you know, a child.

But while he may have been trying to deflect, it doesn’t look like it’s working so well for him.

Especially because Netflix just canceled House of Cards.

The show is currently filming its sixth and final season, and while it’s been reported that the decision to cancel wasn’t related to the new Kevin Spacey scandal, you kind of have to wonder, right?

Netflix and Media Rights Capital, a producer for the show, released a joint statement to express that they “are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey.”

“In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported.”

They added that “As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”

But that’s not all – House of Cards creator Beau Willimon has also issued a statement.

“Anthony Rapp’s story is deeply disturbing,” he said.

“During the time I worked with Kevin Spacey on House of Cards, I neither witnessed nor was aware of any inappropriate behavior on set or off.”

“That said,” he continued, “I take reports of such behavior seriously and this is no exception.”

“I feel for Mr. Rapp and I support his courage.”

Maybe they’d planned to cancel House of Cards, maybe not.

But regardless … what a mess, right?

ReadMore…