Paul」タグアーカイブ

Leah Remini: Scientologists Are Falsely Accusing Paul Haggis of Rape

If you’ve picked up a newspaper or been anywhere social media in the past three months, then you’re no doubt aware that the film industry has been shaken to its foundations by allegations of sexual assault against some of the most influential men in Hollywood.

While most of the accusations have centered around alleged attackers such as Harvey Weinstein abusing the power they attained through their wealth and fame, some have singled out problematic organizations such as the Church of Scientology, which for decades, has been haunted by reports of human trafficking and coerced sex acts.

For years now, Leah Remini has been publicly calling out the controversial cult for its abuse of low-level believers and the harassment campaigns they use to target former members.

Now, she’s coming to the defense of a fellow lapsed-Scientologist, filmmaker and two-time Oscar winner Paul Haggis.

On January 5, Haggis was accused of sexual misconduct by three women who offered accounts of incidents in which the Crash and Million Dollar Baby screenwriter groped or harassed them.

Earlier this week, Remini and her Scientology and the Aftermath co-host Mike Rinder posted an open letter in which they state their belief that Haggis is being framed as part of a Scientologist conspiracy.

“There is plenty of reason to worry about defending anyone accused of sexual assault in today’s climate. But the fear of consequences for speaking our truth has not held us back in the past and isn’t about to start now,” Remini and Rinder write.

“It is not a crime to be attracted to women (or men). It’s not a crime to flirt. Or to have sexual relations with someone,” they continued.

“It might not be acceptable to your significant other (if you have one), but it certainly isn’t criminal nor worthy of newspaper headlines.”

Remini and Rinder go on to point out the ways in which current Scientologists are persuaded to assist the church in tearing down the reputations of former members:

“Only a Scientologist can understand the pressure one feels to offer up even the slightest thing that the Scientology organization might consider a transgression of THEIR mores,” they write.

“Paul Haggis deserves, based on his record as a gentleman and humanitarian, to be judged when all the evidence has been taken under penalty of perjury in a court of law.

“Because claims of anonymous accusers who have NOT gone to law enforcement are not credible,” they conclude.

This is not the first time that Scientology and its controversial practices have been mentioned in connection with the recent wave of sexual assault scandals.

Several times over the past year, former That ’70s Show actor Danny Masterson was accused of rape, and his alleged victims say he used his position of power within the church to coerce them into performing sex acts.

Many believe that Masterson was able to avoid the professional consequences of his alleged actions

We’ll have further updates on this story as more information becomes available.

ReadMore…

Logan Paul: Actually Punished by YouTube!

Give YouTube credit:

The company has not merely talked the talk when it comes to Logan Paul…

… it has also now walked the walk.

And, as a result, this douchebag of a social media presence will soon be a lot lighter in the wallet.

In the wake of Paul’s asinine video stunt late last month, YouTube has announced two punishments for the wildly popular vlogger:

1. He’s been dropped from the YouTube Red Comedy “Foursome.”

2. Google Preferred, which is the home to the top 5% of most-viewed YouTube content, says it will no longer aggregate Paul’s multimillion-subscriber channels for advertisers.

In other words: Paul has been cut off from his top income source as it pertains to this platform.

Said a spokesperson for YouTube on Wednesday evening:

“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred.

“Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of Foursome and his new originals are on hold.”

YouTube received a lot of flak for its delayed response to Paul’s video scandal, waiting 11 days to address what happened.

As a result, about six million views were recorded of the controversial footage – which featured Logan zooming in on a dead body in Japan, while also cracking wise about the corpse – before it was taken down.

Two days after this stunt went viral, Logan issued a lame apology.

It made a reference to his popularity online and said:

This is a first for me. I’ve never faced criticism like this before, because I’ve never made a mistake like this before. I’m surrounded by good people and believe I make good decisions, but I’m still a human being. I can be wrong.

I didn’t do it for views. I get views. I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on the Internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity. That’s never the intention.

I was misguided by shock and awe, as portrayed in the video. I still am.

Paul then made another attempt at a mea culpa, posting a video (which he monetized) on January 2 and saying into the camera:

Suicide is not a joke. Depression and mental illness are not a joke. We came here with an intent to focus on the haunted aspect of the forest.

This obviously just became very real, and obviously a lot of people are going through a lot of s— in their lives…

“From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.”

From there, Paul said he was going to reflect on life and take a break from video posting.

He’s actually lived up to that vow, but Paul’s father left the following message on Instagram today:

paul, logan

LOGAN WILL BE BACK! SUPER FANS!! BUS UPDATES! MISTAKES!! We all screw up. It’s a part of life. Do I agree with everything my boys do. NO!

Do I agree with some of the things my friends do? NO! Do they disagree with some things I do? YES!

Face it folks……. we all f-ck up at one time or another. That’s life!! What we do with those mistakes, bad judgement or whatever term you give it , is what matters.

I love my boys and I am sooo proud of them.

The YouTube star has more than 15 million subscribers on his account.

His page has not been suspended or deleted yet.

ReadMore…

Logan Paul to Face Further “Consequences” for Horrible Suicide Video?

After filming a controversial video of himself and his friends in the woods of Japan last month, Logan Paul may think he’s faced all the backlash he’s going to face.

But it turns out the lame social media star is not, well… out of the woods.

Not yet at least.

A week ago, Paul issued his first of two apologies after uploading footage taken at Japan’s infamous “suicide forest” near the base of Mt. Fuji.

The footage featured an actual dead body, the result from a man tragically hanging himself, about which Paul joked.

He also hovered over the corpse from close up and came across like an insensitive, offensive, total loser of a creep.

The video sparked debate about the role of someone such as Paul in society, as he isn’t just known for going to extreme lengths online in order to rack up hits and views…

… he’s also become a multi-millionaire for these kinds of attention-seeking stunts.

After taking down the video amidst an avalanche of criticism, Paul initially said the following:

“I’m a human being. I make mistakes…

“I didn’t do it for views. I get views. I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on the Internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity. That’s never the intention.”

He concluded at this time:

“I was misguided by shock and awe, as portrayed in the video. I still am.”

Perhaps aware that he came across like a douchebag after this mea culpa, Paul later tried again (with a video he monetized), saying on camera:

“I have made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgment, and I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologize.

“I should’ve never posted the video. I should’ve put the cameras down and stopped recording what we were going through.

“There’s a lot of things I should’ve done differently, but I didn’t and for that, from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.”

Paul went on to say he needed to “reflect” on life and that he was taking a hiatus from social media.

No one out there really thinks much will change, though; regarding Paul and/or regarding YouTube accepting him as a member of its platform.

He’ll keep churning out dumb content and YouTube will keep making money off it.

Perhaps aware that its reputation has taken a hit as part of this controversy, the company has released a new statement on the topic.

Via an “open letter our community” late on Tuesday, YouTube wrote the following:

“Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently. You’re right to be. You deserve to know what’s going on.

“It’s taken us a long time to respond, but we’ve been listening to everything you’ve been saying.

“We know that the actions of one creator can affect the entire community, so we’ll have more to share soon on steps we’re taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again.”

youtube comments

The platform continued by defending its decision to remove the clip from its website and added:

“The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at further consequences.”

What might this mean?

Could Logan Paul really get the permanent boot? 

We can’t imagine so.

But maybe he won’t be able to profit off such filth ever again.

Concluded YouTube’s latest take on the issue:

“We expect more of the creators who build their community on YouTube, as we’re sure you do too …

“We’ll have more to share soon on steps we’re taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again.”

We’ll see what happens from here.

ReadMore…