Responds」タグアーカイブ

Anthony Anderson Responds to Allegation of Assault

Anthony Anderson is under criminal investigation.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed that it received a report against the Black-ish star, with The Blast writing that Anderson is accused of assaulting a woman last year after an event she catered for him.

Inside tell the aforementioned website that the unnamed victum met with Anderson a second time after the event to discuss future opportunities.

This is supposedly when the assault took place, although no other details are really known about it at this time

Sources tell The Blast that the woman reported the incident months after it allegedly happened, as she was inspired by the #MeToo movement to finally speak out.

“We have a crime report listing him as a suspect in a crime. It is an open investigation,” the LAPD has simply said in response to this story.

A spokesperson for the star, meanwhile, has issued a statement on Anderson’s behalf.

It reads as follows:

“It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report, whether it is true or false.

“The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.

Back in 2004, Anderson and assistant director Wayne Witherspoon were accused of raping an extra on the set of the 2004 film “Hustle & Flow.”

However, the charges were later dropped when the judge ruled that there was no probable cause to try the case.

This has no practical bearing on the latest charges, we’re just reporting a few facts.

Anderson was just nominated his fourth Emmy Award for his portrayal of Andre Johnson, the patriarch on the ABC sitcom Black-ish.

He is set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame later this year, as well.

On the small screen, Anderson’s resume includes appearance and/or starring roles on Guys with Kids, Treme, Psych, Shameless and The Shield.

On the big screen, he has had roles in The Departed (2006), Kangaroo Jack (2003) and Transformers (2007) and Scream 4 (2011).

Anderson is married with two kids.

We’ll have more on this story if/when news breaks.

ReadMore…

CA Assemblyman Responds to Kim Kardashian West’s Call for State Prison Reform

Kim Kardashian West isn’t alone in her fight to help women in California prison — the Speaker of the State Assembly is on her side too, but ain’t exactly crediting Kim’s celebrity for sparking change.  TMZ broke the story, KKW made a visit to…

ReadMore…

CA Assemblyman Responds to Kim Kardashian West’s Call for State Prison Reform

Kim Kardashian West isn’t alone in her fight to help women in California prison — the Speaker of the State Assembly is on her side too, but ain’t exactly crediting Kim’s celebrity for sparking change.  TMZ broke the story, KKW made a visit to…

ReadMore…

Donald Trump Responds to Robert DeNiro Diss: You Talkin’ To Me?!

Brace yourselves, folks — this story is more New York than Martin Scorsese fighting with a cab driver about Reggie Jackson’s favorite bagel.

It all started when Robert DeNiro shared his thoughts about Donald Trump at the Sunday night’s Tony Awards.

Robert DeNiro-Donald Trump

DeNiro’s speech was a long and impassioned one, but both Trump and the internet have very short attention spans, so the quote you probably saw everywhere the next day was a terse, two-word summation:

“F-ck Trump!” said the esteemed actor to an ecstatic crowd.

Now, DeNiro may have made a career out of playing boorish foul-mouthed gangsters, but Donald Trump actually is one, should come as no surprise that the president handled the diss about as well as Joe Pesci being told to go home and get his shine box.

“Robert De Niro, a very Low IQ individual, has received to many shots to the head by real boxers in movies,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

“I watched him last night and truly believe he may be ‘punch-drunk.’”

There’s a lot to unpack here:

For one thing, Donald Trump apparently believes that everything he sees on a movie screen actually happened.

Yes, DeNiro took a lot of shots to the head in Raging Bull.

He also shot a bunch of pimps in Taxi Driver, but we’re pretty sure he didn’t do those things in real life.

Please, no one take Trump to see Infinity War.

He’ll be tweeting nuclear threats to Thanos before the lights come up.

Anyway, on top of all that, the president used the wrong “to” in a tweet where he’s making fun of someone’s intelligence.

We guess Kim Kardashian’s not the only one who’s desperate for Twitter to add an “edit” button.

Believe it or not, the Donald continued his rant from there, tweeting:

“I guess he doesn’t realize the economy is the best it’s ever been with employment being at an all time high, and many companies pouring back into our country.

“Wake up Punchy!” he added.

Is this actually a clever promotional campaign, and Wake Up Punchy is a new direct-to-DVD comedy starring DeNiro and Adam Sandler?

Because that’s pretty much the only way this story could get any more ridiculous.

ReadMore…

The Bachelorette Recap: Colton Confesses! Becca Responds! Some Dude Cries!

Becca learned the truth about one of her suitors on The Bachelorette this week.

No, not the one who apparently wants to make America great again via some really controversial viewpoints.

But the one who actually used to date one of Becca’s close friends.

Whoa there, right? Talk about awkward!

We’ll start with the first group date of Season 14, however, which went to Clay, Nick, Chris R., David, Jean-Blanc, Jordan, Connor and Lincoln.

Kufrin actually fooled the fellas them into thinking they were in for a day of pampering when she surprised them with custom suits and champagne.

Everyone looked rather spiffy, as you can see above.

However, the actual activity ended up being a marriage-themed obstacle course hosted by last season’s Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay and her fiancé (yes, they’re still together!), Bryan Abasolo.

Lincoln came out on top in this event, earning a framed photo of himself and Becca for his efforts.

Things got a little weird from there, though.

Already irritating all the guys in his path, Lincolm insisted on propping the picture up on the table in front of the rest of the suitors during the date.

He also talked to it, interacted with it and, yes, kissed it multiple times.

In response, Connor hurled the photo into the pool, which prompted Lincoln to run off and whine to Becca.

“I feel threatened, physically,” he told The Bachelorette, who somehow managed to mediate the dispute without getting her rolled eyes stuck in the back of her head.

Becca eventually gives the group date rose to Jean-Blanc.

The next morning, Lincoln ended up crying – yes, real tears – over what transpired with the picture.

This guy seems like a real keeper… NOT!

For her first one-on-one date since Arie Luyendyk Jr. broke up with her on national television, Blake joined Becca at a warehouse full of Arie-themed memorabilia.

Really. This was the date, you guys.

The two then proceeded to violently destroy everything, all while Lil Jon‘s “Turn Down for What” played in the background.

Later that evening, Blake and Becca sat down for dinner and the former opened up about his previous romance, saying he found out his girlfriend at the time was about to dump him when he saw a few texts from her friend pop up on her phone.

He was trying to relate to Becca’s Bachelor-based heartbreak.

We guess it worked, too, since he received a rose after this meal concluded.

“Since night one, I have felt such comfort and a sense of ease with you,” she told him. “I feel like we’re on the same page with what we’re looking for in life and it just restores so much hope.”

The next day, it was group date number-two time with Garrett, Rickey, John, Ryan, Alex, Christon, Trent, Leo, Wills and Colton.

The men competed in an intense game of dodgeball, but it only served as precusor for the intense conversation Colton would have with Becca a few hours later.

Much to our Bachelorette’s shock, Colton came clean about a short-lived relationship with Tia Booth, who competed on The Bachelor alongside Becca and who is close pals with Kufrin.

(Another fun, romantic fact: Colton also dated Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman!)

“We had a weekend together and we had a good time, but for me the timing wasn’t right to grow what was a spark into a flame,” he explained Becca, adding:

“If my feelings were strong enough, I wouldn’t have came on [the show]. I think that from what I know of you, we could build something awesome.

“We could have the time. Whereas it wasn’t there, moving forward, with her.”

Becca, who gave her group date on this case to Willis, didn’t react positively to Colton’s confession.

“I’m not going to lie – I don’t know how I feel about it,” she replied.

“It makes me feel a little bit sick. I’m very attracted to you, I really like where our conversation was on night one and I feel like we had a lot in common, but it’s a very tricky situation.

“It puts me in a very strange position. It’s just a lot to take in right now.”

At the cocktail party prior to the Rose Ceremony, Jordan stripped down to his underwear…

… but Becca barely even noticed.

All she could think about was what Colton told her.

“I feel like I see something in you that I’m very attracted to, and there’s that interest there,” she said, basically trying to come to grips with a physical attraction to a guy who likely porked one of her friends.

Added Becca:

“Until I have more clarity, I don’t even want to really invest in this relationship. So if you sense that I am holding back with you, I am.”

(How much will Colton’s reveal impact his future on the show? Visit our section of The Bachelorette spoilers to find out!)

When all was said, done, revealed, thrown, screamed over and smooched, Becca kept Colton around.

She sent Alex, Rickey and Trent packing.

But did she make the right decision?

Click on the video below to watch The Bachelorette online and decide for yourself:

ReadMore…

Zion Williamson Responds To LiAngelo Ball’s Dunk Show With Two Insane Jams

If you thought LiAngelo Ball’s dunk sesh at the Lakers practice facility was impressive … wait ‘til you see Zion Williamson’s “hold my drink” response Tuesday. The Duke commit — clearly reacting to Gelo ‘cause of the “dead legs” caption he…

ReadMore…

Kathryn Dennis Responds to Thomas Ravenel Rape Allegations

Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel is accused of sexually assaulting two different women, including his former nanny, who shared the details of her harrowing story.

Now, his ex and another costar are speaking up — but fans aren’t happy with what they have to say. They don’t like Bravo’s response, either.

And as more and more viewers discuss the possibility of a boycott, another woman has come forward about a scary encounter.

Kathryn Dennis spoke to Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live, and she had very little to say about her ex-boyfriend who is also the father of her two young children.

“Well, I’m waiting until the investigation is complete before I comment on anything, and right now my kids are my focus.”

Kathryn does share two children with her ex, so fans can understand that this is a touchy subject.

Craig Conover was also less than eager to weigh in.

“Yeah, all I know is what I see in the media so it really wouldn’t be right for me to say anything at this point. I’m aware – everyone else is.”

Most of the interview that the two had was about much lighter topics.

As it turns out, there’s a reason for that.

Kathryn Dennis on WWHL

According to Will Folks of Fitnews, there’s a reason that these two don’t seem to have much to say.

“We’re told hefty fines and possible termination have been threatened against any Southern Charmers who talk out of school about the case.”

It looks like they’re avoiding talking in more situations than just talk show interviews with the head of their network.

“Meanwhile, law enforcement sources familiar with Bravo’s response to the scandal have described encountering ‘resistance’ from cast members as they attempt to get to the bottom of the allegations.”

That, folks, is alarming.

Whatever anyone thinks about Ravenel’s innocense or guilt, Charleston police are investigating the man for multiple accusations of rape.

Directions from a network do not outweigh a criminal investigation.

We certainly hope that no one has been instructed to obstruct justice, and that no one has interpreted an internal gag order as an instruction to obstruct justice.

In the mean time, there are reports that advertisers are very quietly pulling their support for Southern Charm.

As the Ravenel case heats up, it’s likely that they want to avoid being named in boycotts. Media purchasers have shared on social media that they’ve had clients who are backing out of the show.

At the same time, fans of Southern Charm and other shows have been slamming Ravenel — and slamming Bravo for what they see as an effort to avoid the subject and possibly protect an accused predator.

“Every single week on #SouthernCharm, Thomas Ravenel says something deeply misogynistic. It’s clear that he has no real respect for women.”

Fans are not having a difficult time reconciling Ravenel’s public image with the accusations against him.

“I’m a die hard @Bravotv fan, but @Andy & Bravo’s silence on Thomas Ravenel’s sexual assault charges speaks volumes #boycottsoutherncharm”

The word “boycott” is coming up a lot.

“Thomas Ravenel is under investigation for sexual assault. Sadly, I’m not surprised. He’s a disgusting man.”

And fans point out on social media that other networks are (slowly but surely) getting with the program and kicking accused monsters to the curb.

“Networks, Cable, Netflix, Amazon, Movies all fire or suspend the accused. Except #Bravo. #Bravo remains silent and, it appears, in support of the accused.”

Luzanne Otte

Yet another woman has come forward to put Thomas Ravenel on blast. This time, it’s a childhood friend of Kim Kardashian’s.

Luzanne Otte describes how she had a fling with the star and found him to be, well, a charming southern gentleman … at first.

After one week, she says, they came home from a pleasant dinner and she found him coming up the stairs, hurling verbal abuse in her direction.

She says that the sudden behavioral twist seemed to come out of nowhere, and that she feared that if she said or did the wrong thing at that time, that he would become physically violent.

Speaking to The Daily Mail, Otte was unwilling to say whether he became physical during the encounter.

She does say that it was frightening, and that though he calmed down and apologized, no one has the right to treat anyone that way.

Seven months later, she says, Ravenel and his current girlfriend, Ashley Jacobs, began cyberbullying her.

Otte says that she has faced threats and had to obtain a cease and desist order against Ravenel and Jacobs.

Luzanne Otte’s story of her scary encounter with Ravenel and the aftermath of it are not as frightening as the accusations of rape that the police are investigating.

But, like his history of misogynistic comments on Southern Charm, a number of fans consider it as a … character reference.

Fans are clearly disappointed to perceive that Bravo is circling the wagons around one of their stars.

Ratings for Southern Charm are good, and Ravenel is undoubtedly a part of that. But that should not excuse anyone from a criminal investigation.

ReadMore…

CBS Responds to Pauley Perrette Assault Allegations

Pauley Perrette may be out of NCIS.

But the actress is not out of the news.

Far from it, in fact.

The veteran series regular bid farewell to television’s highest-rated drama eight days ago, but she’s been making headlines ever since for a series of cryptic Tweets.

Cryptic and disturbing Tweets, we should say.

“I refused to go low, that’s why I’ve never told publicly what happened,” Perrette wrote over last weekend, adding mysteriously:

“But there are tabloid articles out there that are telling total lies about me. If you believe them? Please leave me alone. You clearly don’t know me. (Sorry guys, had to be said).”

Perrette announced in October that she was leaving NCIS, on which she had starred as forensic specialist Abby Sciuto since the very first episode.

She said she made the decision a year earlier, but didn’t mention anything at this time about trouble on set.

On May 13, however, she continued her troubling Twitter posting as follows:

There is a “machine’ keeping me silent, and feeding FALSE stories about me. A very rich, very powerful publicity “machine”.

No morals, no obligation to truth, and I’m just left here, reading the lies, trying to protect my crew. Trying to remain calm. He did it.

She then really caught the attention of outlets everywhere by alleging that bullying and/or some kind of physical abuse has taken place on set:

I’ve been supporting ant-bullying programs forever. But now I KNOW because it was ME! If it’s school or work, that you’re required to go to? It’s horrifying. I left. Multiple Physical Assaults.

I REALLY get it now. Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety. Tell someone.

many pauley tweets

Sort of crazy, right?

NCIS just wrapped up Season 15, has been renewed for Season 16 and there’s been little to no talk at all over the years about these sort of allegations.

In response, however, CBS has acknowledged that Perrette did go to producers or higher-ups with at least one complaint in early 2017 or in 2016.

“Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern,” the network said in a statement to Variety on Tuesday, adding:

“We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”

That’s a rather broad and vague reply, but it seems to have satisfied Perrette.

“I want to thank my studio and network CBS They have always been so good to me and always had my back,” she Tweeted after reading the statement above.

We reported yesterday that tension has existed between Perrette and lead star Mark Harmon for about two years now.

The latter apparently brought in his rescue dog in 2016, only for him to bite a crew member.

Harmon felt terrible and kept the canine away from the set for awhile… until, down the line, it had been properly trained and he could not find a dog-sitter.

Sources told Radar Online that Perrette was the only person affiliated with the show who took issue with the re-emergence of this dog and that she has held it against Harmon ever since.

It’s worth emphasizing, however, that this tiff is NOT what Perrette has been referencing with her “assault” claims.

ReadMore…