Violence」タグアーカイブ

Ex-USC WR Joseph Lewis Released from Jail In Domestic Violence Case

EXCLUSIVE

Ex-USC wide receiver Joseph Lewis has been released from jail after serving nearly 6 months of his sentence in his domestic violence case … TMZ Sports has learned. 

As we previously reported,19-year-old Lewis was arrested back in July after his GF told police he had punched, scratched and strangled her during an argument. 

Lewis pled no contest to 1 felony domestic violence charge — and also admitted guilt in a previous domestic violence incident. 

He was sentenced to a year in county jail — but got out after roughly 6 months due to overcrowding and good behavior. 

Now that Lewis is out, he’s still not allowed to contact the victim who obtained a 10-year restraining order against him.  

Lewis had just 4 catches as a freshman for the Trojans back in 2017 but was expected to be a big contributor this season before he was booted from the team.

The guy is a talented football player — but now the big question … will he get an opportunity with another program? 

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

Reuben Foster 49ers Tried to Discredit Me During Dom. Violence Incident

Breaking News

The woman who claims she was attacked by NFL star Reuben Foster says reps from the 49ers tried to undermine her credibility with police during the investigation … telling cops she had lied about domestic violence in the past. 

Elissa Ennis appeared on “Good Morning America” Thursday where she accused Foster of roughing her up on 3 separate occasions … including the Nov. 24 incident at a team hotel in Tampa, Florida. 

As we previously reported, Ennis called 911 and told the operator Foster had slapped her and roughed her up during a dispute. He’s since been charged with 1 count of misdemeanor domestic violence. She revealed the injury photos during the interview with ‘GMA.’

Ennis told ‘GMA’ they had been arguing because she threatened to tell his new girlfriend that he paid for her flight out to Florida to see him. 

“Even when I called the police, the 49ers came up there,” Ennis said … “I have pictures of the 49ers coming up there trying to talk to the police telling them I’m the same ex-girlfriend that set up there and lied.”

The 49ers have not commented on Ennis’ claims. 

She’s referring to the previous domestic violence allegations she made against Foster back in February — when she told officials Foster beat the daylights out of her in their California home … but later recanted her story and told a judge she made the whole thing up. 

Now, Ennis admits she lied in court to protect Foster — saying, “I did what I had to do for the person I love. I thought that he would change, anybody in my position would do the same thing.”

Foster was cut by the 49ers — but later picked up by the Washington Redskins and Ennis claims she was “shocked” another NFL team would take a chance on such a bad guy. 

Ennis says she’s now getting help and realizes her relationship with Foster was destructive and “not love.”

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

UFC’s Rachael Ostovich Breaks Silence On Dom. Violence … Still Has Black Eye

Breaking News

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich says she feels like she HAS to fight Paige VanZant after suffering serious injuries in an alleged domestic violence incident … saying she NEEDS to send a positive message to other D.V. victims.

TMZ Sports broke the story … Ostovich was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and other injuries after a violent Nov. 18 incident with her husband, Arnold Berdon, who is also an MMA fighter.

The injuries forced the UFC star to back out of her fight with PVZ … but speaking publicly with a black eye for the first time since the incident — Ostovich says the fight’s back on ‘cause she feels like she HAS to do it.

“I felt that it was extremely important to me to follow through with it and not only for me but for my daughter and other people that might be going through similar situations,” Ostovich told KHON2 in Hawaii.

“I want to take a stand against domestic violence and show others that it’s okay to come out and speak about it and not be quieted.”

Ostovich continued, “I’m extremely grateful and blessed for my support system. My family, who has done so much for me and has kept me together and kept me strong. I feel like I have to do this.”

“This is something that can’t be taken away from me. I want to use this big worldwide UFC platform to show people that don’t let anyone or anything come between you and your dreams and your career.”

For her part, VanZant tweeted earlier this week, “Yes we are going to war with each other in the cage, but I stand by her side with her ongoing battle at home. Let’s put on a fight and show these people how strong we are. #GirlPower #UFC.”

The fight is set for Jan. 19 in New York.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

UFC’s Rachael Ostovich Breaks Silence On Dom. Violence … Still Has Black Eye

Breaking News

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich says she feels like she HAS to fight Paige VanZant after suffering serious injuries in an alleged domestic violence incident … saying she NEEDS to send a positive message to other D.V. victims.

TMZ Sports broke the story … Ostovich was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and other injuries after a violent Nov. 18 incident with her husband, Arnold Berdon, who is also an MMA fighter.

The injuries forced the UFC star to back out of her fight with PVZ … but speaking publicly with a black eye for the first time since the incident — Ostovich says the fight’s back on ‘cause she feels like she HAS to do it.

“I felt that it was extremely important to me to follow through with it and not only for me but for my daughter and other people that might be going through similar situations,” Ostovich told KHON2 in Hawaii.

“I want to take a stand against domestic violence and show others that it’s okay to come out and speak about it and not be quieted.”

Ostovich continued, “I’m extremely grateful and blessed for my support system. My family, who has done so much for me and has kept me together and kept me strong. I feel like I have to do this.”

“This is something that can’t be taken away from me. I want to use this big worldwide UFC platform to show people that don’t let anyone or anything come between you and your dreams and your career.”

For her part, VanZant tweeted earlier this week, “Yes we are going to war with each other in the cage, but I stand by her side with her ongoing battle at home. Let’s put on a fight and show these people how strong we are. #GirlPower #UFC.”

The fight is set for Jan. 19 in New York.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

UFC’s Rachael Ostovich Breaks Silence On Dom. Violence … Still Has Black Eye

Breaking News

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich says she feels like she HAS to fight Paige VanZant after suffering serious injuries in an alleged domestic violence incident … saying she NEEDS to send a positive message to other D.V. victims.

TMZ Sports broke the story … Ostovich was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and other injuries after a violent Nov. 18 incident with her husband, Arnold Berdon, who is also an MMA fighter.

The injuries forced the UFC star to back out of her fight with PVZ … but speaking publicly with a black eye for the first time since the incident — Ostovich says the fight’s back on ‘cause she feels like she HAS to do it.

“I felt that it was extremely important to me to follow through with it and not only for me but for my daughter and other people that might be going through similar situations,” Ostovich told KHON2 in Hawaii.

“I want to take a stand against domestic violence and show others that it’s okay to come out and speak about it and not be quieted.”

Ostovich continued, “I’m extremely grateful and blessed for my support system. My family, who has done so much for me and has kept me together and kept me strong. I feel like I have to do this.”

“This is something that can’t be taken away from me. I want to use this big worldwide UFC platform to show people that don’t let anyone or anything come between you and your dreams and your career.”

For her part, VanZant tweeted earlier this week, “Yes we are going to war with each other in the cage, but I stand by her side with her ongoing battle at home. Let’s put on a fight and show these people how strong we are. #GirlPower #UFC.”

The fight is set for Jan. 19 in New York.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

UFC’s Rachael Ostovich Breaks Silence On Dom. Violence … Still Has Black Eye

Breaking News

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich says she feels like she HAS to fight Paige VanZant after suffering serious injuries in an alleged domestic violence incident … saying she NEEDS to send a positive message to other D.V. victims.

TMZ Sports broke the story … Ostovich was hospitalized with a broken orbital bone and other injuries after a violent Nov. 18 incident with her husband, Arnold Berdon, who is also an MMA fighter.

The injuries forced the UFC star to back out of her fight with PVZ … but speaking publicly with a black eye for the first time since the incident — Ostovich says the fight’s back on ‘cause she feels like she HAS to do it.

“I felt that it was extremely important to me to follow through with it and not only for me but for my daughter and other people that might be going through similar situations,” Ostovich told KHON2 in Hawaii.

“I want to take a stand against domestic violence and show others that it’s okay to come out and speak about it and not be quieted.”

Ostovich continued, “I’m extremely grateful and blessed for my support system. My family, who has done so much for me and has kept me together and kept me strong. I feel like I have to do this.”

“This is something that can’t be taken away from me. I want to use this big worldwide UFC platform to show people that don’t let anyone or anything come between you and your dreams and your career.”

For her part, VanZant tweeted earlier this week, “Yes we are going to war with each other in the cage, but I stand by her side with her ongoing battle at home. Let’s put on a fight and show these people how strong we are. #GirlPower #UFC.”

The fight is set for Jan. 19 in New York.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

Reuben Foster Claimed By Redskins After Dom. Violence Arrest

Breaking News

The Redskins have claimed Reuben Foster just days after he was cut by the 49ers following a domestic violence arrest in Tampa Bay over the weekend … the team announced.

As we previously reported, the superstar LB was allegedly involved in an altercation with a female at the Niners’ hotel Saturday night … in which a woman says Reuben took her phone and slapped her in the face.

When the woman spoke with police, she told them Foster had also pushed her in the chest and hit her with an open hand on the left side of her face. Cops say they noticed a scratch on her collarbone.

The 49ers cut Foster following the arrest … with coach Mike Shanahan saying, “Our number one rule is you got to protect the team and he’s put us in a bad light too much.”

Redskins Senior VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams said in a statement they’re very aware of the severity of the accusations, but say Foster could be worth the risk regardless.

“We decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance.”

Doug added, “Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player.”

“Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally.”

Reuben has started 16 games in his NFL career … piling up over 100 tackles.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

Reuben Foster Claimed By Redskins After Dom. Violence Arrest

Breaking News

The Redskins have claimed Reuben Foster just days after he was cut by the 49ers following a domestic violence arrest in Tampa Bay over the weekend … the team announced.

As we previously reported, the superstar LB was allegedly involved in an altercation with a female at the Niners’ hotel Saturday night … in which a woman says Reuben took her phone and slapped her in the face.

When the woman spoke with police, she told them Foster had also pushed her in the chest and hit her with an open hand on the left side of her face. Cops say they noticed a scratch on her collarbone.

The 49ers cut Foster following the arrest … with coach Mike Shanahan saying, “Our number one rule is you got to protect the team and he’s put us in a bad light too much.”

Redskins Senior VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams said in a statement they’re very aware of the severity of the accusations, but say Foster could be worth the risk regardless.

“We decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance.”

Doug added, “Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player.”

“Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally.”

Reuben has started 16 games in his NFL career … piling up over 100 tackles.

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

NFL’s Aldon Smith Convicted In Dom. Violence Case

Breaking News

Ex-NFL star Aldon Smith was just convicted in his domestic violence case in which he allegedly roughed up his fiancee … but he will NOT go to jail if he keeps his nose clean. 

As we previously reported, the former Oakland Raiders defensive end was arrested back in March after his fiancee (now ex-fiancee) claimed Smith attacked her at their Bay Area home during a booze-fueled rage. 

Smith was initially hit with 4 misdemeanor charges — domestic violence, assault w/ force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism and faced several years in jail. 

But, on Monday, the 29-year-old struck a deal with prosecutors in which he pled no contest to 2 counts — violating a court order and false imprisonment. 

In exchange, he was sentenced to 90 days in county jail — but he got credit for time served for the days he already spent in jail and also for his stint in a live-in alcohol treatment facility

He also got 3 years probation, 1 year of domestic violence counseling and 25 hours of community service. 

During the hearing, the judge allowed a victim statement to be read out loud in court — in which Smith’s ex said, “I may never be the same” but also wished him luck in getting/staying sober. 

District Attorney George Gascon tells TMZ Sports … “The victim in this case showed incredible resolve”…. “If you are a victim of domestic violence, my office’s Victim Services Division is here to help.”

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!

NFL’s Aldon Smith Convicted In Dom. Violence Case

Breaking News

Ex-NFL star Aldon Smith was just convicted in his domestic violence case in which he allegedly roughed up his fiancee … but he will NOT go to jail if he keeps his nose clean. 

As we previously reported, the former Oakland Raiders defensive end was arrested back in March after his fiancee (now ex-fiancee) claimed Smith attacked her at their Bay Area home during a booze-fueled rage. 

Smith was initially hit with 4 misdemeanor charges — domestic violence, assault w/ force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism and faced several years in jail. 

But, on Monday, the 29-year-old struck a deal with prosecutors in which he pled no contest to 2 counts — violating a court order and false imprisonment. 

In exchange, he was sentenced to 90 days in county jail — but he got credit for time served for the days he already spent in jail and also for his stint in a live-in alcohol treatment facility

He also got 3 years probation, 1 year of domestic violence counseling and 25 hours of community service. 

During the hearing, the judge allowed a victim statement to be read out loud in court — in which Smith’s ex said, “I may never be the same” but also wished him luck in getting/staying sober. 

District Attorney George Gascon tells TMZ Sports … “The victim in this case showed incredible resolve”…. “If you are a victim of domestic violence, my office’s Victim Services Division is here to help.”

Watch TMZ Sports on FS1 Get the new TMZ Sports app!